Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Restaurant Opinion

Old 06-30-2014, 02:22 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Default Denny's

Wife and I went to Denny's on Sunday. Oh, what an experience! Of course, being new, it was busy, so we had to wait about 10 minutes to get in. Took about another 10 minutes for the waitress to come to the table to ask about drinks, and then took about the same to get our coffee. Ordered our meals and had to wait 50 minutes to finally get our food. Once during the wait a server came to the table with someone else order and we told her it wasn't ours. Then finally the same server brings our orders to the table behind us and we go, over here.

Food was pretty good, however, I ordered the ultimate platter and the platter I got was missing spinach and tomato that was supposed to be in the dish. At this point were both so hungry, we just wanted the experience to be over, but it wasn't. I guess I had the best waitress in the place, because I asked her for our check and never saw her agian. Another waitress came by a few minutes later and asked if I needed some help. I told her what had happened and she went right over to the register and printed me a ticket in like one second. I couldn't help but talk with the manager and explain to her the great exprience we had just had in her establishment.

I would think a large chain like Denny's would bring in experienced personnel for the first few weeks the place is open to help weed out the help that just isn't cut out to be a waitress or waiter or any other position in the place. This experience has convinced me to not go there agian for at least a few months to give them an opportunity to work the bugs out. If any of you have wanted to try it, you may want to hold off for a while unless your up for an adventure in dinning. As I said the food was pretty good, but was not what was in the menu, which they will really need to work on.

Last edited by MEL; 06-30-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
MotorMouth

Have noticed a large amount of cars parked outside so I figured they were doing a big business, I agree with you about bringing seasoned people in for the grand opening to help run the place and weed out the new employee's who don't cut it.
Years ago I managed a Jeans West clothing store and every time we opened a new store we brought in veteran employee's to get the business off to a smooth start.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:49 PM
MotorMouth

We finally went there last night, after a fairly short wait, and our luck was about the same. Food WAS good, and as advertised, even though we had to send the waitress back after stuff a few times. Price was okay - waitress was a bit addled, and would probably be a better fit in another job, but she tried hard. All in all, I'm glad they're here.
Busy? Of course they are - they aren't just another Oriental, Mexican or pizza place.
I will admit, I DO wish we'd gotten an IHOP instead, but I'll be happy with Denny's.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Of course they are - they aren't just another Oriental, Mexican or pizza place.
I will admit, I DO wish we'd gotten an IHOP instead, but I'll be happy with Denny's.
Your right about that. I would have also liked an IHOP instead, but will take what we can get. I think a real good catfish place would do well here. Dr. Phil's just ain't got what it takes IMHO.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:48 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Your right about that. I would have also liked an IHOP instead, but will take what we can get. I think a real good catfish place would do well here. Dr. Phil's just ain't got what it takes IMHO.
I'd like a fish place, too - actually seafood - I love catfish, but it would have to be a place that doesn't roll it in sand (or whatever that is - it ain't good under false teeth). I wouldn't darken the doorway at Dr. Phil's, for business reasons (BESIDES the obvious copyright infringement), so I have no idea what his place is like. I'd like to see a nice brand go in at the Waynesville exit - that's where I was hoping for the IHOP. They really need that draw down there.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Hold up, aren't they putting a restaurant/bar in the new cinema? I know it's a pipe dream around here, but wouldn't a Red Lobster be great? On my recent trip to Greenville, SC I had the opportunity to visit Carraba Italian Grill (Spelling) and it was very good, I believe it's part of the Outback chain. Also, had a chance to check out Chick-fil-A and it was OK, but fast food, if you know what I mean. The five Guys Burger joint I went to was different and the burger was pretty good, but again just fast food. We need a few different nice places to go eat.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:57 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Hold up, aren't they putting a restaurant/bar in the new cinema? I know it's a pipe dream around here, but wouldn't a Red Lobster be great? On my recent trip to Greenville, SC I had the opportunity to visit Carraba Italian Grill (Spelling) and it was very good, I believe it's part of the Outback chain. Also, had a chance to check out Chick-fil-A and it was OK, but fast food, if you know what I mean. The five Guys Burger joint I went to was different and the burger was pretty good, but again just fast food. We need a few different nice places to go eat.
Enough fast food, pizza, Oriental and Mexican already. Red Lobster/Olive Garden ARE just a pipe dream - they require a bigger customer base than we can offer on paper.
--------
Quote:
Hold up, aren't they putting a restaurant/bar in the new cinema?
I think that's true - I'm just not a movie person, and I just can't see the ambiance there fitting with the "nice place" you and I are looking for.

Last edited by river_rat; 07-01-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 PM
MotorMouth

Denny's review, attentive waitress, took a specialty order, "replace bacon with Turkey bacon(?)", sure thing..

The food was horrible, most of the fries were soggy and oily and you really wonder when the turkey bacon is oily and undercooked too. Guess they put it on the grill with oil

Left most of it on the plate, but left a good tip, not her fault.

Had to cut short a shopping trip, started cramping got home and was Ill.

Don't think I'll be going back...
--------
Macaroni Grill would be nice for a dinner, even a Fazoli's would be nice, fast Italian is better than no Italian...

Last edited by MKPA; 07-14-2014 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2014, 11:01 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Well, at least the waitress was better then the one I had. But my food was a little better then what you report.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 PM
MotorMouth

Replay on the end result, this time eggs, turkey bacon and blueberry pancakes..
WHAT THE HECK?!
Not kidding, twice from the same place?
Guess it'll have to be French toast at Cracker Barrel.