Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Everything Else > 4x4 & Off Road

Old 04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
brentb

They are at the County Clerks office. I stopped by there yesturday, You will need your title or registration paperwork. And they must have raised the fees, they told me $20.00 yesturday, but I think that is good through the end of 2008.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoman View Post
There are some trails in the national forrest but they are not legal to ride on. I am from Waynesville.
Rodeos have 5 different events and they vary from rodeo to rodeo, most have a barrel racing event, a pole weave, etc, the list goes on and on. Some rodeos will have a drag race, some won't, the one in St Robert last year didnt have one even though they called it a drag race lol. I have a big 800 cc Vtwin utility and actually it is extremely difficult to beat those little 250 & 300 cc utilities in most of the events. I think they are a lot of fun. Stoutland is having one this Saturday also and Roby has one once a month. Some have a drag race some don't. The drag race at Richland is not part of the rodeo itself but another seperate event after the rodeo is done.
Yea I have a Sportsman 450, its alot of fun, but like you said it would be hard to keep up with the little nimble 2 wheel drives out there.

Last edited by brentb; 04-05-2007 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentb View Post
They are at the County Clerks office. I stopped by there yesturday, You will need your title or registration paperwork. And they must have raised the fees, they told me $20.00 yesturday, but I think that is good through the end of 2008.
I was starting to think that I was the only one that actually bought this thing!! Thanks for adding that about the title, because I had to go back the second time. You may have just saved someone a trip.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 PM
MotorMouth

I forgot we raised the price last year to $20.00
Sorry...
Old 04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
I forgot we raised the price last year to $20.00
Sorry...
And I've been telling everybody you have all the answers, too ....
Old 04-05-2007, 06:48 PM
MotorMouth

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
And I've been telling everybody you have all the answers, too ....
I do have all the answers, sometimes they just aren't right.HA!HA!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
I do have all the answers, sometimes they just aren't right.HA!HA!
Ha Ha Ha Me too!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
geoman

I bought mine last month. Rudy, I am guessing they extended it to a two year permit now? Mine is good through 08 also.
I ride down around Mayfield, some of the trails are posted as closed but many are still open. I don't tell people it is a legal area from the simple fact that is not documanted as a legal area but the Rolla USFS office did tell me several years ago that as long as we stayed west of J highway we were fine, I have never gone to the other side but I have heard there are more trails over there. The east side is Phelps county and they do not offer permits at all so I am guessing that is why they do not allow you to ride over there.

For anyone who rides out there or is thinking about going there are a lot of horseback riders out there also, watch out for them and have a bit of coutesy when you come upon them. When I see them I immediatly stop and shut my quad off and either wait until they are out of sight or tell me to go ahead before I do anything.
--------
brentb or anyone interested (except you Bruuuuce lol) if you are interested in riding sometime shoot me an email. I am ready to ride just about anytime!
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentb View Post
Yea I have a Sportsman 450, its alot of fun, but like you said it would be hard to keep up with the little nimble 2 wheel drives out there.
No one in the utility division is competive in those rodeos, we just go out and do it for a good time. Last fall in Stoutland we were giving (well myself and another guy on a sportsman 800) were giving the other quads a head start on the drag race lol. The guy on the sportsman ended up getting eliminated, he lost to me and then gave one of the other guys on a 350 polaris a 30ft head start in a 90 ft drag and didn't catch him lol. The guy on the 350 polaris last weekend at Richland rodeo told me I needed to give him a 3 pole head start this time (45 ft) there are only 5 poles and the race is only about 90 ft lol. Come on out and try it sometime, we have a blast running them and I have met some awesome people doing it.

Last edited by geoman; 04-06-2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
brentb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoman View Post
No one in the utility division is competive in those rodeos, we just go out and do it for a good time. Last fall in Stoutland we were giving (well myself and another guy on a sportsman 800) were giving the other quads a head start on the drag race lol. The guy on the sportsman ended up getting eliminated, he lost to me and then gave one of the other guys on a 350 polaris a 30ft head start in a 90 ft drag and didn't catch him lol. The guy on the 350 polaris last weekend at Richland rodeo told me I needed to give him a 3 pole head start this time (45 ft) there are only 5 poles and the race is only about 90 ft lol. Come on out and try it sometime, we have a blast running them and I have met some awesome people doing it.
Sounds like fun I will have to check it out sometime, probably won't be able to make stoutland tomarrow but maybe the next one! I will have to take you up on your offer sometime for the ride.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Administrator

methinks someone should donate a shiny new 400ex to the Insider....for educational purposes of course.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 PM
whazup

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
methinks someone should donate a shiny new 400ex to the Insider....for educational purposes of course.
..of course