Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Family Central > Book Review

Book Review Read a good book lately? Let us know what you thought.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up The Weight Loss Cure by Kevin Trudeau

That's right, the title says CURE. all the other diets and exercizes out there may help you lose weight, but this book teaches you how to keep it off. this is the real deal, and it's actually quite simple. lose thirty pounds in thirty days, guaranteed. it's not about exercize, or diets, it's simply avoiding many foods that we don't normally think about, (even the health nuts) and eating certain foods that promote weight loss. even many other details that you'd NEVER think would have an impact on weight loss/gain. details such as, don't drink cold liquids,(not even water), install a shower filter, when is the best times for sleep, even what kinds of soap to use. want to know why? buy the book for all the answers, you WON'T be disappointed.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:06 PM
KBohon

How do you know it works and is not simply another fad?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

i have a friend who's father somehow knows Mr. Trudeau. He swears by it. my wife has been reading the book since last night, and she's already come to me dozens of times telling about details in the book that are quite surprising. there are also several lawsuits against him for revealing the information he has, brought up by fast food franchises, pharmacuticals, and weight loss clinics alike. at least read the book. the knowledge contained therein is invaluable. at least even just for the tid bits of truth that will help you lead a more healthy life. did you know that the aspertain in diet sodas actually makes you crave food? even though you may not be hungry, your brain is recieving false signals of hunger. and aspertain is in just about everything anymore. it's causing moe cancer that cigarettes, and they're not raising taxes on bubble gum, or taking candy away from kids. sorry, i'm getting off on another rant. it's a great book. if you want, before you buy, when my wife is done with the book i can post a few excerpts.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
KBohon

I'd like to see the excerpts. I will look for it, too, whenever I happen to be around someplace selling books.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
MotorMouth

http://consumeraffairs.com/health/trudeau.html
Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

i've been looking for it for a few months now, but on a recent trip to springfield i found it at barnes and noble. i love that store!
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoguest View Post
interesting read. i like the quote on there, "i have to sit next to you on a plane!" lol. but the book is still a good read too. for every person who likes a product, there's someone who dislikes it. to follow the book it does sound like a big personal commitment, but if it truly helps...............

Last edited by Big Ol Truck; 10-12-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM
KBohon

After reading those summaries, can't say it interests me much.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:07 AM
whazup

I read another book that he wrote. (Can't remember the name of it) But I was disappointed as most of it referred you to his website, which in turn you had to "join" and pay X amount per month for a "newsletter" that gave you "more" information.
I think he's a con man.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:43 PM
MotorMouth

I lost 130 pounds in 60 days it was called a divorce!