Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Opinion

Old 03-05-2014, 02:08 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Sure, If you don't follow the rules you lose the job or whatever.
Except in the Obama Administration MEL!
Whatzzamatta for you? short term memory loss?
Rofl. Gotcha!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM
MotorMouth

Your right MKPA, but I meant my comment for the common man/women not that bunch of flamming iggits in the Obama administration.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:42 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

The lil brat started a FB page wailing that her baby boomer parents want to feather their retirement nest rather than support their own child....
Oh. The followers are ranting against us parents who never got squat in regards to college funds and cars and on and on...
But this generation of entitled brats sure want everything given to them or they rant and rave....

I hope the parents see the rants, recognize the handles
And show the rude little hobos the door!

Ungrateful lil .....
ARRRGHHH!

Where's the egg timer and knife....?
Old 03-07-2014, 02:11 PM
MotorMouth

She's a pretty little thing, and must be smart, too, but if she's not careful, all that's gonna get her is a job as an exotic dancer or standing on street corners in skimpy outfits 'till the looks go away. There's also the distinct possibility, though, that the same parents who spoiled her in the first place will capitulate. That's where MY money will be.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
MotorMouth

My parents didn't buy me cars, pay for college or any of that stuff, but my Dad was a retired Sergeant First Class with a retirement check of only about $300 or $400 when he first got out. I can't understand what some kids expect from their parents. I didn't really have the funds to pay for either of my kids to get a free ride in school, but will be better able to help my grandkids when they get to that point in their lives. But if they start acting like little $h!+$ they might not get help from grandpa and grandma.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:55 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

My kids got scholarships thank goodness, playing soccer in Germany off post on intercity leagues sharpened them and by the time they were seniors the colleges came a knockin.. At least two did 4 years one did two years off and on... I did send them extra cash when they needed it except the middle one who was at the time a spoiled brat... Now with his own two kids there's not a day he doesn't commiserate with me over "My Spoiled Brats"
Guess the drum set and bugle for Christmas was a bit much, but I wanted him to feel the pain brudda.. Lol

Kid, My Mother had two sayings 1. what goes around comes around. 2. I hope you have kids like you one day!

My sister the spinster is childless as a result of both sayings:

OMG I. COULDN'T RAISE KIDS I'd have killed them was her favorite saying though she was in the will to get my three if something happened to the wife and me...

I figured if she could raise my German Shepherds......tho
?The oldest kid developed a taste for dog biscuits when they stayed at her house over night once
Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 AM
MotorMouth

We gave both our kids their first cars - well used, but still useable, and told them that we'd sign the note with them on the first car they had to finance, with the caveat: if they take care of the car and the note responsibly, they won't need to ask us to do that again .... if they don't, it won't do them any good to ask us again. It must've worked.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:12 AM
MotorMouth

Back to the girl suing her parents...if mom and dad won't pay for her Catholic private school ( senior year) she can enroll in public school.
I read somewhere that the girl has a $20,000 scholarship offer from a college so she has the chance to further her education, must not be the cool school she wants to attend.
The judge in this case should have refused allowing this suit in court, waste of time and taxpayers money.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 AM
MotorMouth

If they make the parents fund her college they are wrong. If I had the money, I would have helped my kids fund their college, but they would also have to get scholarships to help as well. Not sure if I would insist on them having to work while in college, but if the grades didn't stay high, because they were out partying, then the money would also dry-up.

I know a guy with a kid that got loans and partied and passed, but not near as well as he could have. So now he has a college degree, with a low GPA and he has a hard time finding a job because of it. What a total waste of money. But he had a lot of fun in college.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:25 AM
MotorMouth

Some kids are not college material they are more suited for trade school but it's been drummed into their head to go to college where they may make it to graduation only to not being able to find a job.
They might have saved alot of money by getting a trained job skill and then finding employment afterwards.