Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Default Mystery Priest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-vanished.html

I believe it....
Old 08-09-2013, 07:49 AM
MotorMouth

I saw the story and it seems that it really happened.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:33 AM
MotorMouth

When I was 14, I was riding with my brother heading home. (We also were on Hwy. 19. Weird) When he tapped the brakes to slow for a curve on the wet road, we spun out, hit the ditch and the truck turned up on the driver's side. We determined that we were ok, ("You ok?! Yeah I'm ok you ok?! Yeah I'm ok, you ok?!" for about two minutes) then we crawled up through the passenger door. It was just a little truck so we thought we could push it back onto the tires. Between the two of us we couldn't get the thing to move at all. We'd been following my mom, and when she noticed we weren't behind her anymore, she came back, and FLIPPED OUT when she saw the truck. Checking us over making sure we weren't hurt and so on.
Here's where it got strange.
Out of nowhere, a tall man about 6' 4" came up and asked if we were ok. "Yeah but the truck's messed up, and we can't get it back on the tires......" He looks at the truck, and with very little effort, pushes, and the truck rolled back upright. "Wow! Thanks man!" He turns to us and points at us and says, "Thank God you weren't hurt, forget the truck, it can be fixed." With that, he walked past us. (We were standing facing North, he waked South.) There was a little car parked about 150 yards from where we were standing that had been there the whole time. We assumed it was his. As he walked past us, Mom said "He's right, Thank the Lord you boys are ok." We turned to thank him, and he was gone. He hadn't been out of our sight more than 3 seconds, and he'd just disappeared.
As if that wasn't strange enough:
When we got home the phone was ringing. Mom answered, it was my sister who lived in Union, Mo. She asked, "Did something happen about 30 minutes ago? I had an overwhelming urge to pray, but I didn't know what for, so I just prayed." Mom told her the story, and began to describe the man who helped us, and asked if my sister knew him. She said she did know the guy. She said, "Yeah, he's the man that carried me into McDonalds after my accident when I broke my back. He set me down, pointed at my friends and said, "Don't worry, she's gonna be ok." He walked out the front door, and one of my friends ran out to say thanks, but he'd just disappeared."
(McDonalds is on Hwy. 19 also)

"There has been no great wisdom without an element of madness"
Author unknown

Last edited by Big Ol Truck; 08-10-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:35 PM
MotorMouth

I just got goosebumps!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 PM
MotorMouth

He was ID'd as a priest out of Jeff City who was passing through at the time of the wreck. He even did an interview on the incident.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM
MotorMouth

Cool!