Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Family Central > Recipes & Home Cookin'

Old 06-16-2007, 10:12 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by whazup View Post
What is funny about the south, and it's starting up here the last few years, you have to specify UNSWEET tea or you will get sweet tea. And many times when you get a refill and take a swig, they refresh it with sweet tea. Drives me crazy. Hubby can deal with it, but I just can't stand it.
Your sure right about that.
But there are a few (very few) that you have to sweeten your own tea.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:18 PM
whazup

Are unsweetnened tea drinkers that much of a minority? I maybe need to pull together a rally to save the straight tea drinkers from becoming totally extinct. Just image, in 30-40 yrs from now, I just bet the sweet tea drinkers will be outcasts, just like the smokers, and will find out that after years and years of drinking all that sugar, that they have been contaminating their bodies, raising their children to rely on sugar......

: )
Old 06-16-2007, 10:22 PM

Well I am one of those sweet tooth people....so even if I stopped drinking it in tea I would eat it somewhere else......
Old 06-16-2007, 10:23 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Are unsweetnened tea drinkers that much of a minority? I maybe need to pull together a rally to save the straight tea drinkers from becoming totally extinct. Just image, in 30-40 yrs from now, I just bet the sweet tea drinkers will be outcasts, just like the smokers, and will find out that after years and years of drinking all that sugar, that they have been contaminating their bodies, raising their children to rely on sugar......

: )
They will have a little corner in thr cafe for unsweet tea drinkers.
and people will shun you because you don't smell sweet, like smokers stink like smoke.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:29 PM
whazup

LOL

Hey do either of you know how to post a youtube clip?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:33 PM
MotorMouth

Talking

Quote:
LOL

Hey do either of you know how to post a youtube clip?
I think if you go to there site it will tell you how to post it.
But you better send it to me first so i can rate it okay
Old 06-16-2007, 10:36 PM
whazup

Opps! LOL I just stuck the web address in another thread, and then read this. I will try tomorrow to get me "crap" in order and send you a few things WG!
Well best git, hubby is taking me out for breakfast in the am, so best get my beauty sleep!

Take care all! See you tomorrow!
Old 06-16-2007, 10:41 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Opps! LOL I just stuck the web address in another thread, and then read this. I will try tomorrow to get me "crap" in order and send you a few things WG!
Well best git, hubby is taking me out for breakfast in the am, so best get my beauty sleep!

Take care all! See you tomorrow!
Good night Waz, i hope you have a great time and a great breakfast!!
Old 06-17-2007, 07:28 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to say this but on the box cakes like Duncan Hines and etc....I put water in place of the oil when I make them......it makes it so much more fluffy and I don't get heartburn from eating it.....my brother likes it alot more too....I just don't put any oil in it at all........thought maybe someone else would like to know this......
Old 06-17-2007, 08:46 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Applesauce is also a good substitute for the oil in most baked goods; ratio is 1:1

Another one, but one not usually found in your cupboard, is milled flaxseed, & it's available at most grocery stores around here in the baking aisle. We use it because it's loaded with hearty-healthy omega-3 acids as well as fiber - just sprinkle it on cereal, salads & other food items - even drinks like smoothies.

But you can also substitute it for both oil and eggs in baking; 3:1 ratio for the oil in a recipe. The substitute for each egg is 1 tbsp. milled flaxseed and 3 tbsp. water. I've used both of these substitutions - applesauce and flaxseed - and the results were fine.

Last edited by Shanny; 06-17-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: dang keyboard misspelled a word - imagine that! (0.o)