Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Classifieds > Free Business Advertisement

Free Business Advertisement Have a new business and want to spread the word? Post it here

Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
BexInTheCity

Default Photography

Alright, I have finally made a photography blog.
I did have a fun downtown shoot today with one of my good friends daughters. She's probably one of the cutest kids I know... and SOOO fun to shoot!! SASSY!! I've posted a few of those pics on the brand spankin' new blog.

I do live in Columbia, but travel to the Waynesville area frequently and would be glad to set up a photo session with anyone that is interested. I'm currently putting a pricing package together... and I'll include that on my website when I get it running. For now, PM me if you are interested. prices for the Waynesville area will of course have to include a little bit more for travel.

I look forward to getting to know you, your spouse/significant other, your babies, your families, your friends, your pets, heck even your vehicles and getting an opportunity to document life.

Last edited by BexInTheCity; 04-24-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
MotorMouth

Neat pics, neat idea .... especially like the one where she's sitting with her elbow on her knee .... I'll bet she's an easy subject! (She looks about as "camera-shy" as Madison)
It asks about typepad or typekey as a prerequisite for signing in - whazzat?
Oughta be interesting, 'cause I'm sure not all subjects will be as willing or photogenic as this one!!
I like the idea, though; when the fly graduated, we all wanted something besides the same old posed "senior pictures", so we finally found a photog who would meet us at the city park in Waynesville, and take some shots with personality .... our favorite included the old IH Scout.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 PM
MotorMouth

"Sassy" indeed! lol! Addisyn is "sassy" personified! And with you behind the lens, it comes right through the camera! Good work!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 PM
MotorMouth

Help me out; define "blog" and "website" - just what's the difference? And I sometimes use blog as a noun, sometimes a verb. (?)
Old 03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
BexInTheCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Neat pics, neat idea .... especially like the one where she's sitting with her elbow on her knee .... I'll bet she's an easy subject! (She looks about as "camera-shy" as Madison)
It asks about typepad or typekey as a prerequisite for signing in - whazzat?
Oughta be interesting, 'cause I'm sure not all subjects will be as willing or photogenic as this one!!
no no no... Addisyn makes Madison look camera shy!!!!!! this girl is on a dance team and is the spunkiest sassiest most NON shy little girl you would ever know!

I don't know about signing in with anything. I'll check on it. I'm new to this.

and... speaking of all subjects not being as willing... Addisyn's little one year old brother was a TERROR to try and photograph. Oi.
--------
Quote:
Help me out; define "blog" and "website" - just what's the difference? And I sometimes use blog as a noun, sometimes a verb. (?)
a blog is a weblog.... an online journal. But... you CAN do much more with them. I've already told you my vision for a website, and that's not all stuff you can do with a general "blog"

Last edited by BexInTheCity; 03-10-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2008, 10:21 PM
MotorMouth

Bex, years ago when my kids were little and played T-Ball, we had a photographer take pictures of the boys in their baseball uniforms and printed them to look like professional ball cards with the stats on the back of the card.
Would be a great way to make some bucks if you could do the same.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:30 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
People are blurring the distinction here, and it confuses me too. Like the Daily Guide readers' comments to published articles is being referred to as a blog. Is it really? Seems to me it's simply opinions & comments from various & sundry readers - not what I would call a journal or a log. Bex's explanation squares with what I have thought a blog is, but since I rarely read anything that I consider a blog (well - now I'm reading the Pioneer Woman, I guess - aren't I?! lol!), I really have no idea what can be done with them. Websites such as this one are message boards or bulletin boards, as I understand it, and don't qualify as blogs either, do they?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 AM
MotorMouth

You guys are no help at all !
Old 03-11-2008, 01:11 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
You guys are no help at all !
(and we work so hard at it! )

Old 03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
MotorMouth

Define: Blog a blog is............ pick the one of choice.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&d...ition&ct=title