Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > General > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:21 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPA View Post
I'm not sure how sewage and storm drains connect or maybe the city can't label the lids correctly.
The one that was spewing toilet paper and baby Ruth's was labeled storm and had the poor guy scratching his head as he put a barricade over it, deftly sidestepping the baby Ruth's and my questions.
Well, sewer and storm drains definitely DON'T connect - in fact, water infiltrating sewer lines, through damaged, open clean-outs, missing manhole covers or breaks like the one you describe on Mitchell Creek are a HUGE problem. Sewer plants are sized for a certain capacity - infiltration can throw that seriously out of whack.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:51 PM
MotorMouth

So, two weeks I asked why Realtors get priority on street asphalting. The Camaro kept bottoming out on Hawthorne street. Century 21 had a curb poured and asphalt laid but the house under construction a mere250 feet away was still filled with chat two months ago, They filled it with chat but not asphalt. Yesterday a realtors for sale sign went up at the residence. This morning the street department filled it with asphalt. Hmmm according to the front desk Ladies sheer coincidence. But highly suspect, I also asked about 1103 Hull Valley drive. The grass is over my knee. I was told a letter had been sent to the abandoned property owner. She's in Germany and it takes sometime. If there's nothing else? I don't wear jewelry, hand irons don't appeal to me. I wuz gonna blurt out "you know she died two years ago" I'm thinking of moving to the county...oh when they put the new asphalt on Hull Valley Drive, that's where I got bit by the lone star tick. The asphalt was too hot for Fiona the dog....
Old 09-09-2017, 07:08 PM
MotorMouth

And it appears the city is cleaning up 1103. grass cut and trimmed, old siding and abandoned pallets loaded onto a fifth wheel dumpster.

It's just appearing that way.
you didn't think the three year old abandoned eyesore was gonna be taken care of by the city! City gave up on declaring it abandoned property, bought at sheriffs auction, man and wife want to flip it. Nice people.

Heaven forbid the city buys flood property with taxpayers money
qualifier on that?
at least on Hull Valley Drive. I understand some Dywer(sp) residents got bought out..
Wonder if they had members of the local politicians as relatives?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:27 AM
MotorMouth

Sounds interesting to me MKPA. What the heck is going on over there?