Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > General > Editorial Bulletins

Editorial Bulletins This is where things like the Sheriffs View, SignWise, and bulletins from David Day, as well as editorials of interest from local newspapers.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Overachiever
Threadstarter  

Default Prosecutor's Office Press Release 10-02-17-Jennings Sentenced

PRESS RELEASE
10/02/17

KEVIN JENNINGS SENTENCED FOR THE MANSLAUGHTER TRAFFIC
DEATH OF TABITHA BARNHART IN NOVEMBER 2014

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that Kevin Jennings of Crocker, was sentenced today in Circuit Court action by Judge John Beger. Jennings had previously pled guilty to the charges of Manslaughter in the First Degree as a prior and persistent offender and Felony Driving While Revoked. Those charges arose from a traffic accident on Missouri Highway 133 between Crocker and Dixon that killed the passenger in his vehicle, Tabitha Barnhart of Dixon, in November 2014.

Jennings was driving in excess of ninety miles per hour at the time of the accident, was under the influence of several different controlled substances at the time, lost control of his vehicle causing it to spin, leave the roadway, and strike a tree. Ms. Barnhart was a passenger in the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene. The Prosecutor’s Office asked for and received a search warrant for Jennings’ blood revealing several controlled substances in it at the time of the accident.

Judge Beger sentenced Jennings to fifteen years in the Department of Corrections for the Manslaughter charge and four years in the Department of Corrections for the Driving While Revoked charge. He ordered those sentences to run concurrent with one another, but to run consecutive to the six-year sentence Jennings is currently serving in the Department of Corrections for Possession of a Controlled Substance charge from Maries County.

“Unfortunately driving while intoxicated, whether it be alcohol or drugs, often results in tragedies like this,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman. “When you get behind the wheel while intoxicated, you need to be prepared to go to prison for a long time if you kill or injure someone, as this case demonstrates. I want to thank Trooper Greg Hackett and Trooper Scott Richardson of the Missouri State Highway Patrol for their hard work investigating this case. I also want to thank several Good Samaritan witnesses who stopped, helped as much as they could, and provided valuable information to the Troopers on the scene as well my office. Finally, I want to thank the victim’s family for their cooperation and patience through this process.”

This case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. This case was prosecuted by Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman and Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton and Matt Miller.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:38 AM
MotorMouth

Justice has patience.
Good work and Well done to both the prosecutors and law enforcement persons involved
Old 10-09-2017, 11:20 AM
MotorMouth

I agree, good work too all involved in this prosecution.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:52 AM
MotorMouth

He took a persons life should never be free.