Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Opinion

Old 03-03-2018, 11:32 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
I can understand why the president is upset with his attorney general not going after the former administration members who broke the law.
Is the attorney general in the pocket of John McCain and some of the other RINOS still in congress?
That's a question I've been asking more and more .... They can get an indictment on the Missouri Governor with NO evidence, but can't on some of these others??!! Not to mention, Lois Lerner, Hillary Clinton, Loretta Lynch and so many others ...
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPA View Post
OMG, the military is gone loco.
They've successfully managed to dumb down our schools - guess the military is next.

Last edited by river_rat; 03-03-2018 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2018, 11:27 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Trumped,
Syria bombed! Understand cruise missiles and manned aircraft conducted the strikes.
Prayers for the pilots and crews. Russian S-400 anti aircraft missile systems ring Syria and they are the deadliest missiles.
Oh dems moan the Congress wasn’t informed.
Funny: the last president attacked Libya without consulting Congress.
Funny how THAT works ain’t it?

Last edited by MKPA; 04-13-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:23 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/y...20Bird%20Brief
Da Buff, still a highly productive and valuable aircraft!!!
If this aircraft is still great
Wonder if there are any B-36 Peacemakers laying around ready to bomb ISIS. It had a bigger payload! lol https://youtu.be/sM1CZdppWrU

Last edited by MKPA; 04-17-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:35 PM
MotorMouth

I had never heard of a B-36!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:17 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Ordered by the Army Air Corp in 1939. They wanted a bomber with intercontinental range, the powers in Washington thought England was lost.. Vultee Corp. won a design contract. Bought out by Consolidated Aircraft the design was improved from a twin tail to single tail with it being assigned priority war production of the Curtiss Wright 24 cylinder radial engines. A factory was built at Fort Worth Texas as no factory had the area needed. While “mocked up” in 1939 The first flight did not occur until 8 August 1945, two days after the Hiroshima bomb. Pratt and Whitney 46 series Engines and dropping the Huge single tire main wheels allowed for longer range and the ability to take off and land on airfields in use. A contract for two hundred was made once accepted by the Army Air Corp. The twin bomb bays required no modifications to carry the early plutonium or “Thin man” bombs. Until 1949 when the B-47 reported for duty the Peacemaker was “The Big Stick” on patrol ready to drop atomic bombs anywhere in the world.

Last edited by MKPA; 04-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:01 PM
MotorMouth

Cool. By now, I'm so smart that it's unlikely anyone's gonna teach me anything, but you squeaked this one by.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:05 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

“Chappy” gets his medal!
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/y...20Bird%20Brief
Long overdue, fighting alongside his seal team after crashing onto a desolated mountain top and surrounded by hostile. He fought not only with his rifle but with his radio calling in airstrikes. Blasted by a RPG, the seals thinking he was dead withdrew. Chappy awoke from a concussion and worked his magic calling directions to an orbiting gunship to cover the teams retreat. He died alone, charging an enemy position seen by the only American. A unarmed predator drone recorded his bravery. RIP Chappy
--------
BTW: leaving a comrade? There were some hard feelings twixt the Squids and Zoomies over this firefight. Even other Seal Teams shunned the team leader for not ensuring Chapman was dead before hauling butt.

Last edited by MKPA; 04-23-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2018, 07:33 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

New toys for the Army! I actually inventoried an M-3 grease gun sub machine gun in a European country while on my travels with Henry. These are “wicked Lil buggers”
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...News%20Roundup
Old 06-14-2018, 08:08 AM
MotorMouth

I would love to have one but I couldn't afford to buy all the ammo it would eat.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:24 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Nobody at the embassy freakin knew the M3, couldn’t show me a safety or fire selection switch, couldnt tell me if it fired from the open bolt or closed. Yet there’s the Army attaché trying to get me to carry it. AND the S.O.B looked at me like I was the idiot!? After 20 minutes in an indoor range and a hundred rounds I figured out there was no fire rate selector and the safety was the ejection port cover. That was a fast gun and wildly inaccurate, I hoped if I had to use it there wasn’t a crowd! Shot the .45ACP ROUNDS. After that mission debrief we carried shorty MP5’s in the plane or Uzi’s. At least they had single shot capability. Never liked sub machine weapons. It was against my training to spray and pray.