Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Business Opinion

Old 12-04-2015, 09:04 AM
MotorMouth

Agree with your comment on Dickies prices RR. I also hear the Churches Chicken is being replaced by a Popeye's on post. Just what I hear, I don't have any other confirmation. They also have a Dunkin Donuts at the main gas station on post now from what I hear.

Last edited by MEL; 12-06-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:20 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
They also have a Dunkin Donuts at the main gas station on past now from what I hear.
Or will have soon - the signs are on the way to us now.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:38 AM
MotorMouth

They may still be working inside the building I don't use the Post gas station, haven't for many years, but it is coming. I was glad to hear you got the sign contract RR.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:11 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
They may still be working inside the building I don't use the Post gas station, haven't for many years, but it is coming. I was glad to hear you got the sign contract RR.
I have no idea if we'll be able to get on post to put them up. 50+ years of service to every agency/contractor on the post doesn't count for anything. I may hafta get a job delivering pizza - those guys are exempt. No B/G checks, no search, no nothing. I'll just hafta get a li'l plastic, light-up pizza sign for the roof - maybe they won't ask why I'm delivering in a 2-ton boom truck, and pulling a trailer .... if they go to the trouble to ask, I'll just tell 'em, "It's what I had" .....

It's so idiotic it's breathtaking.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:26 PM
MotorMouth

I hear ya, sounds like they are going over board, but who am I to question what they are doing?
Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
I hear ya, sounds like they are going over board, but who am I to question what they are doing?
Yeah, I said that in the beginning, but then I thought, "Hey, I'm a guy who's served the military for more than 45 years, and depend on a reasonable, working relationship to feed my family. I don't DESERVE to be treated worse than an anonymous schoolkid/illegal alien/terrorist/average Joe delivering pizzas out here!!".
Old 12-14-2015, 08:13 AM
MotorMouth

river rat you left out cab driver in your list.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:24 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Or guy who left his ID card in his yellow convertible...a drivers license isn't good?
OMG, now that's a story... Why put up signs at "vehicle inspection" If you're not supposed to follow them, an MP sergeant and me had a discussion on that...
Old 12-14-2015, 11:04 AM
MotorMouth

I understand the need for security however it seems the military goes through cycles depending on the commanding general.
Right after 911 happened the base changed rules and made if difficult to get on base for civilians and as a member of the Piney Hills golf course at that time it was like pulling teeth to get on post.
I was a Waynesville city councilman who was on the airport committee board for Forney Field and I had a hard time getting on base to go to the airport, the base came out with a new system for civilians to get a special ID card, it took 6 months and plenty of phone calls to get authorized for that card.
I gave up on being a member of the golf course as did many other civilians who spent lots of money to keep the course alive.
The military wants civilians when times are tough but they soon forget who we are.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:14 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
I understand the need for security however it seems the military goes through cycles depending on the commanding general.
Right after 911 happened the base changed rules and made if difficult to get on base for civilians and as a member of the Piney Hills golf course at that time it was like pulling teeth to get on post.
I was a Waynesville city councilman who was on the airport committee board for Forney Field and I had a hard time getting on base to go to the airport, the base came out with a new system for civilians to get a special ID card, it took 6 months and plenty of phone calls to get authorized for that card.
I gave up on being a member of the golf course as did many other civilians who spent lots of money to keep the course alive.
The military wants civilians when times are tough but they soon forget who we are.
I was in the same position - aside from business needs to access the customers we served on post, I was prez of the Chamber, member of the golf course, and rented a stall for my golfcar at Piney Valley. Business suffered for six months, while we tried at every opportunity to connect and get the required ID card of the moment - their sign said something like, "office open 9:00 - 12:00, and 13:00 - 16:30". We went three or four times, WELL within the time frame posted, and finally caught someone there. By then, nearly six months had elapsed, my golfcar could finally be recovered, we received the hard-won ID card .... and THE FIRST TIME we used it to go on post, they told us, "Oh, we're not using those anymore - you'll have to surrender it, and use your driver's license". YYAAGGGHHH!!!!! Seriously. The FIRST time we handed it to them.
Now, here we go again .... it's already cost us a $5K job, with more to come. Their imitation security protocols don't garner much respect from me.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
river rat you left out cab driver in your list.
You're right, Rudy. And we ALL know what tight security clearance you must have to drive a cab .....

Last edited by river_rat; 12-14-2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost