Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > PulaskiCountyInsider Feedback

Old 06-19-2007, 10:48 AM

What is really sad is when you come on line and there is no new posts......pout.....I guess I need to talk more....but then it won't be a new post to me.....oh well.....I will do it anyway.....hehehee....
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 PM
MotorMouth

It prob'ly isn't possible to force people to post, but it might be possible to turn them away by too much emphasis on what you perceive as their failings.

I enjoy intelligent articulate discussions and I'm less impressed by the total number of posts. On the other hand, I can get just as silly as the next person, but in both instances, I'd rather it happen spontaneously and not feel like it's a forced conversation just to satisfy a quota, or to meet someone else's expectations.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:08 PM

Well I can understand that Shanny...but I wasn't forcing anyone to post.....and I was talking about today......I was bored with no one to talk to that is all.....
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM
MotorMouth

This boredom thing is what I expect to run into on Runescape; those other players are prob'ly twelve years old, and when I tell them I can't play the game and talk to them at the same time, they leave me alone.

Now I'm gonna sweetly and smilingly tell you what I used to tell my kids when they whined about being bored . . . you aren't gonna die of being bored. Go read a book!
--------
But here's a better idea - go to Runescape & create a character. I'll help you! That will fend off the boredom!

Last edited by Shanny; 06-19-2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Queen A
Threadstarter  

Man we couldn't even use the "b" word in our house. My mom would put us to work in nothing flat. LOL We learned very quickly to NEVER say we were bored.

That is one thing I've taken and used with my children. They are learning to never say they are bored. haha
Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM

I do not read books very often cause they usually put me to sleep from staying still too long.....that is why you very rarely see me reading....

So where is this Runescape thing you were talking about.......
Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
MotorMouth

Check your PMs.

I used to see Adrienne's son in game sometimes, but I think he's been busy with other stuff lately.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Queen A
Threadstarter  

No Shanny he got grounded from runescape. He was talking to people and about things he wasn't supposed to be. He'll get to get back on it when I feel like I can trust him again.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:25 PM
MotorMouth

Oops! Good work, mom . . . that's how it's supposed to be . . . these kids need supervision & sometimes I'm doing it from in the game too. They get quite a shock when they realize a grouchy old granny is listening to their conversations.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Queen A
Threadstarter  

Yeah my brother plays the protective uncle too sometimes. He was talking to some little kid the other day who was giving FAR too much information out and he private messaged the boy with the boys name address and phone number and told him that he needed to be giving out NO information about himself online because if he had been a bad guy it could have turned out horribly. The kids signed off right after that but I hope he got through to him.