Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Family Central > Do It Yourself

Old 01-31-2007, 10:28 PM
wsissy

Default Re: Projects not involving knitting?

I have a couple that have been ongoing for YEARS..I have decided that one of them is not going to turn out as planned and will have to repaint..UGH
My house has some georgous wood trim about 2 inches tall all the way around the floors, some doufus painted it, as well as the doors in the kitchen, with flat THEN latex paint..ugh. I'm afraid if I try to pull it off and take it outside to strip (strippers that are safe indoors just ain't cuttin it) I would probably destroy it..so..now I get to sand it all down and paint it...that kills me!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

You're gonna wish you'd NEVER SEEN that "gorgeous wood trim" before you see the end of that project - been there, done that, learned to LIKE white latex paint! ;D ;D
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
ladydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsissy
I have a couple that have been ongoing for YEARS..I have decided that one of them is not going to turn out as planned and will have to repaint..UGH
My house has some georgous wood trim about 2 inches tall all the way around the floors, some doufus painted it, as well as the doors in the kitchen, with flat THEN latex paint..ugh.? I'm afraid if I try to pull it off and take it outside to strip (strippers that are safe indoors just ain't cuttin it) I would probably destroy it..so..now I get to sand it all down and paint it...that kills me!
2" high - you need to go back to "measuring" school - lol - try more like 8 at least
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsissy
My house has some gorgeous wood trim about 2 inches tall all the way around the floors, some doufus painted it, as well as the doors in the kitchen, with flat THEN latex paint..ugh.? I'm afraid if I try to pull it off and take it outside to strip (strippers that are safe indoors just ain't cuttin it) I would probably destroy it..so..now I get to sand it all down and paint it...that kills me!
My advice is to wait for a nice spring day, open all the windows, use two fans to ventilate the room, and use the outdoor stripper. Sanding all that trim will be a nightmare. JMHO.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Judy

Default painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Heck, yeah - gates are good - walls too! What're you building a wall for, or are you just teasing again?
I painted a room then took another color then used a feather dusted cut even, and dotted it on the walls in one room, looked great.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Judy

Default wall paper trim

Does anyone know how to take wall paper trim off, I have done everything i can think of to get it off, it is the trim kind. oh i used that stuff to get it off, didn't work.

Quote:
I know the forum's new, but I'll keep hoping for some new blood - maybe some that knows how to weld, figure out hydraulics, electrical systems and hardware, metal fabrication or construction and remodeling. Knitting's okay, but ..... :
Old 04-16-2007, 11:08 PM
MotorMouth

Judy I have not tried this but I have been told that a mixture of water and liquid fabric softener will remove wall paper and trim. Hope that helps.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Web Geek

Quote:
I know the forum's new, but I'll keep hoping for some new blood - maybe some that knows how to weld, figure out hydraulics, electrical systems and hardware, metal fabrication or construction and remodeling. Knitting's okay, but ..... :

Well I turned a flat piece of Aluminum into this does that count?

I wanted an LED light for my ATV, after buying a few off ebay and not being happy with them I decided to make my own.

I drew out what I wanted

Then I made a paper pattern

Then I cut out the metal

Then I took it to the metal brake and bent the edges and welded up the corners

Then I took it and sanded and polished until I had the shine I wanted.
then mounted the LED's and made all my electrical connections for the LED's

And there you have it! One custom hand made taillight. And you just thought I was a computer nerd!

--------
I have a buddy who has a son who has Downs Syndrome and he is just the coolest kid. When we go camping he doesn't have a lot of fun because his brother and sister go ride their bikes and he can't. He can't because he can't keep his balance. So I fixed him up!

I turned this

Into this:

Of Course I made a website and you can follow along with weekly updates on the progress if you would like. CLICK HERE

Last edited by bruuuuce; 04-17-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Judy

I tried that, didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge View Post
Judy I have not tried this but I have been told that a mixture of water and liquid fabric softener will remove wall paper and trim. Hope that helps.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT, BRUUUUCE!!
Woo-Hoo! - You're a friend forever .... great job!
Gosh, I like somebody who's not happy with whatever is on the shelf - that light says it all, and the in-progress pics were great - what about it, Mcfly?