Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Family Central > Home & Garden

Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 AM
ladydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
So does anyone know how many days till Spring.....I want to start counting the days....it always helps during the winter months to know how many days I have to put up with it.....in my planters out in front of my yard I like to put the orange yellow and reds out there (fake flowers) so that if it snows there is still some color out there to look at...its not much but it helps...heheheee..I put them out on my back deck too.....
I used to do that, too!!!!!!
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Well lets see......Oct is 31, Nov. os 30, Dec is 31, Jan is 31 Feb I think this year is 28, and March would be 20, then there is still 15 days this month too...hmmmm what does that add up too.... 186 days is that correct or at least close....Whew....hope time flies by....
- that sounds like a LONG time. I don't hate much at all, but I hate the time change and the short days and getting dark by 5:30. I live for Dec 21st, knowing the days will start getting longer..... only by a minute, but.......
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyzgirl View Post
Were you born on the 29th? My due date is so close to there that I was worried. Guess they move it up or back a day right? Wasn't sure how that worked.
my oldest granddaughter was born around 10:30PM on the 28th - very close
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by whazup View Post
Today was the day to tear out the rest of the garden...sad, sad, day.

Is it spring yet? teeheehee
Sweetie, Mommy is still getting tomatoes like mad off hers. However, some have a little ring split - my expert farmer friend says it is uneven watering - mine and nature. But, whatever, they are still coming and flowering. Got a bowl last evening.

Last edited by ladydove; 09-17-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
KBohon

Quote:
That's cute. Is the 29th your official birthdate though? On your license etc.
Yes. The reason we have a Leap Day is that it keeps our seasons on track. This was established during the time of Julius Caesar, if I recall correctly. At one time, the adjustment was made by subtracting ten days from October every so often, perhaps once a decade. I don't remember the details now, but it was a neat little piece of trivia to imagine us suddenly not having ten days all of a sudden.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Overachiever

Well my due date is the 26th, but I'm not so worried about it anymore. If it happens at least it'll be a conversation starter. Very strange how the calendar works and I would rather keep track of one day every four years than 10 days.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:49 PM
whazup

LD, I got a big bowl full off mine too, as well as peppers. There were some small green ones left, which I picked but not many.

K that's cool. I don't think I have ever really known someone born on the 29th of Feb.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
BexInTheCity

Quote:
Were you born on the 29th? My due date is so close to there that I was worried. Guess they move it up or back a day right? Wasn't sure how that worked.
are you having a schedule C-section?
cause otherwise... I hate to tell ya this... the baby will come when he/she wants to.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 PM

Just don't wait till April 1st and it will be o.k.....I would worry about that day more.....heheheee
Old 09-18-2007, 07:11 AM
Overachiever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexInTheCity View Post
are you having a schedule C-section?
cause otherwise... I hate to tell ya this... the baby will come when he/she wants to.
No, natural for me unless something happens. I was just asking her if they unofficially make your birthday another day. I don't understand when people talk about inducing when there isn't a reason to. You're right that little one will come when they are ready. I have an appt. Thursday may finally find out whether its a girl or a boy.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 AM
carebear

I have a cousin who was born on a leap year. He says he always gets asked about it when birthdays come up. We jsut celebrate it the last day of April.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear View Post
I have a cousin who was born on a leap year. He says he always gets asked about it when birthdays come up. We jsut celebrate it the last day of April.
HUH??
Why would you celebrate the last day of april instead of the last day of february?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Overachiever

I was wondering the same thing but I didn't want to say anything.