Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Business Opinion

Old 08-22-2015, 12:18 PM
MotorMouth

Trump wants to bring manufacturing back to the U.S.A. I hope so, because most of the crap coming out of China is just that. It may be cheaper to buy, but doesn't last and in many cases costs more in the long run, because you have to replace it.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:36 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Trump wants to bring manufacturing back to the U.S.A. I hope so, because most of the crap coming out of China is just that. It may be cheaper to buy, but doesn't last and in many cases costs more in the long run, because you have to replace it.
Brudda your spot on. I heard about wood pellet barbecue grills from an MP buddy of mine.. I started researching cause they ain't cheap..

U.S. Companies started them. They found sawmills and segregated the dust to make pellets that were USDA acceptable, certain woods are poisonous while others like mesquite, hickory,apple, Cherry and maple are most sought after. Ingenious they have a hopper that has a screw impeller at the bottom that moves pellets to a burn cup, a igniter heats the pellets and a fan brings and force feeds O2 to fan the flames. This barbecue is enclosed and the heat is controlled by an interior thermostat which can be set from 150 degrees for smoking to 600 degrees for searing.

Well like I said they weren't cheap either the electronics or the materials were made in America as were the grills..after a year or more not pulling the trigger I watched a decline in the prices...but then I also noticed the grill reviews were dropping like rocks.

Turns out the manufacturers moved their factory overseas using Chinese workers and materials and the darn grills started to fall apart or couldn't hold temps, worse yet the boards melted! The companies went broke replacing parts.

I've got a Louisiana pellet grill, totally made in the USA. Not six months later... Now they are made in China...

Trumps right... We gotta get this under control
Old 08-22-2015, 05:11 PM
MotorMouth

Most of the companies that are going out of the U.S. are doing so to raise their profit margin because the stateside plants are union and the wages and benefits cut into their profits big time.
We need to quit buying any of the products they make unless they are made in the U.S.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:28 AM
MotorMouth

Your right Rudy, but that's easier said then done, because almost everything is made there now a days. Here's something I read about a year ago. Chinese workers are starting to demand better wages and then the cost to get the materials to China and then the finished products back to the States after it's produced has been going up here lately that it's getting more and more expensive to make these products in China any longer. The story I read predicted more and more manufacturing will start moving back to the US in the future. Problem is they don't want to come to places with major unions driving the cost up higher, so they will be looking for right to work states. I hope that is true, because I know good and well many a small town across this country has lost some good jobs like this. In fact, my little home town of Batesville, AR lost a bunch of plants through the years and I really don't see how many made it after that, but they have. If they were to get some of this back it would really help out a lot. Heck, we need something around here for folks to work at as well.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:25 AM
MotorMouth

Batesville still has the Casket plant and I doubt if that business will go out of demand.
I understand why unions were first started years ago but times have changed and to stay competitive most companies can't afford to the demands of the unions.
We have become our own worst enemies because of greed.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:34 PM
MotorMouth

Different Batesville, I think that Batesville with the casket company is in IL not AR. They used to have about 10 plants back in the day in and around Batesville, AR. Through the years they mostly all closed and I think they have but one or maybe two now, but they don't employee a bunch of folks. Batesville, AR is also the place they make the Bad Boy Mower, but I'm sure that plant can't be real big.