Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Family Central > Home & Garden

Old 02-08-2015, 05:11 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Default Knife Sharpener

I've used steels, stones with and without guides, ceramics and diamond stones, v shaped grabber sharpener and even the old ones in the can openers.

The Wustoff sharpener has dulled out, an onion got the best of my paring knife and if it had been sharp would have took off my finger... Blade slipped off the onion and bounced off my finger.

So I started looking around for something that wasn't ordinary, something that could sharpen a scalpel..I had my old beater lockblade with me at BassPro and the guy at the booth put a edge on it that's was better than new.. He showed me what he uses. I looked at the price of one at bass pro... Gulp kinda pricey so I walked away but then later that week I was carving a turkey breast and just butchered it. Grrr. Stubborn I started looking for sales even went on eBay...
Finally... Something I could live with.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5233_200615233

Yeah kinda pricey... But it should do the job..and last longer than three years. Cause you can replace the belts
should be here Wednesday.

I'll let Ya know if I can triump over the next unruly onion or predatory potatoe.
If it's worth a darn MEL, I'll let Ya use it before deer season... Well what are friends for?
Yeah, thinkin about that last part
I'll rent it out to Ya!
Lol

Last edited by MKPA; 02-08-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:01 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPA View Post
I've used steels, stones with and without guides, ceramics and diamond stones, v shaped grabber sharpener and even the old ones in the can openers.

The Wustoff sharpener has dulled out, an onion got the best of my paring knife and if it had been sharp would have took off my finger... Blade slipped off the onion and bounced off my finger.

So I started looking around for something that wasn't ordinary, something that could sharpen a scalpel..I had my old beater lockblade with me at BassPro and the guy at the booth put a edge on it that's was better than new.. He showed me what he uses. I looked at the price of one at bass pro... Gulp kinda pricey so I walked away but then later that week I was carving a turkey breast and just butchered it. Grrr. Stubborn I started looking for sales even went on eBay...
Finally... Something I could live with.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5233_200615233

Yeah kinda pricey... But it should do the job..and last longer than three years. Cause you can replace the belts
should be here Wednesday.

I'll let Ya know if I can triump over the next unruly onion or predatory potatoe.
If it's worth a darn MEL, I'll let Ya use it before deer season... Well what are friends for?
Yeah, thinkin about that last part
I'll rent it out to Ya!
Lol
Mcfly always waits for the outdoor shows, at the Community Center. There's a guy there who has one of those, and sharpens knives during the whole show. If you know what you're doing, they WILL sharpen one better than new. I don't know about the Northern Tool version - never had a lot of faith in their stuff, but it'd be a whole lot better than Harbor Freight. It might be just fine. That's the ONLY way to sharpen a blade.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:19 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Well the company that makes it is Worksharp, they also make the drill doctor., Northern Tools is the retailer. Like Sears selling LG appliances, Sears won't warranty the refrigerator, LG pays Sears to do the warranty work..

Hopefully, I won't have to rely on warranty. All the reviews have the sharpener as reliable and produces wickedly sharp knives..

Now there's something else to think about, better get in more coagulant
Yes due to the Plavix it takes forever to stop me from bleeding..
In case I bounce one of the sharpened knives off my finger....
Old 02-09-2015, 10:50 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Well the company that makes it is Worksharp, they also make the drill doctor., Northern Tools is the retailer. Like Sears selling LG appliances, Sears won't warranty the refrigerator, LG pays Sears to do the warranty work..

Hopefully, I won't have to rely on warranty. All the reviews have the sharpener as reliable and produces wickedly sharp knives..
Reviews are a great tool - sounds like you've covered the bases. As far as sharpening is concerned, there's nowhere to go from here. It's not like the worthless Drill Doctor - that "Doc's" a quack. I've ruined more good drill bits with a Drill Doctor Pro than I EVER did by drilling with them, and just sharpening them on a grinder wheel.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:26 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Update: never posted a review on how it works.
It's been over a year, Works fine. Easy and quick with superior results.
Built in guide keeps blades at proper angle.. Half hour to run all my kitchen knifes through three grades of belts. Now it takes just 5 minutes to put a sharp edge back on the whole knife block...Good investment
Old 03-16-2016, 08:01 PM
MotorMouth

Okay, not gonna allude to the veracity of giving credence to a sharpener review posted by a person who's not exactly known to be "the sharpest knife in the block" .... but that's only 'cause I'm such a nice guy ....
Old 03-16-2016, 08:54 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

I

Just

Knew

That

Was

Coming..
Lol
Old 03-16-2016, 09:27 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
I

Just

Knew

That

Was

Coming..
Lol
Hahahahaha - I didn't wanna disappoint!
Old 03-16-2016, 10:36 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Payback for the half buttock job joke the other day?
Lol
Old 03-16-2016, 10:45 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Payback for the half buttock job joke the other day?
Lol
Ya - I'll keep up, never fear ....