Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Business Opinion

Old 05-19-2014, 11:55 PM
MotorMouth

Carol Shelby had some nice cars.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Service, that's what I'm without, electrical that is went out @2.A.M. IT WAS FUNNY THIS MORNING...
one truck drives up and down hull valley drive, another truck with two guys same thing, then two trucks up and down, then three trucks... They park one in front of my house and everyone drives off... Still no power...now they are digging across tiger street near an underground transformer AND have two cherry picker trucks on Hull Valley looking at both pole transformers,
Uuhhhh ok both cherry pickets drove off as did two trucks on tiger....
And
Still no power...
I'm typing this off an IPad with 3G drinking mcD coffee... Gonna be a long spring.
Maybe they'll break their two week record. That utilities Lady is earning her Hull Valley Drive Title... the Queen of Darkness.

Last edited by MKPA; 05-20-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
Carol Shelby had some nice cars.
You betcha. Didn't he also work over some MoPars?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Oh poo! Well two years ago the city buried an empty conduit between two transformers one on my property the other on the other side of tiger street. There was twenty feet of conduit sticking up out of my yard, I complained and they buried it. I complained again why are you burying empty conduit? You're just gonna have to thread wire someday and dig up my yard again! They said we ain't got time and forgot about it... I've just had a truck with a wire spoil drive across my yard. That day has come I guess. Oh and they have the phone company and cableamerica at the hole on tiger street. Guess they cut both cables that run alongside the empty conduit digging it out... It's like a comedy of errors out here...the good news is they don't have to dig up my yard, they're shoving cable straight through via the transformer cover. I need a second cup of coffee... At least they left the driveway open...
--------
Shelby worked a couple of vipers that I know of....http://www.shelbyamerican.com/index.asp this is the site I'd order from not a ford dealer, go to the source not a middle man
--------
Powers on at 0937, however I'm still on iPad Air apparently they cut the cable Internet...
Phones working, or at least I have dial tone...
Yea City!

Last edited by MKPA; 05-20-2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-20-2014, 10:21 AM
MotorMouth

Guess they forgot to call dig right.....
Old 05-20-2014, 10:29 AM
MotorMouth

On the scanner early this morning they had a call of shots fired followed by a call of the power was out in Hull Valley, dispatcher said they think the shots call was a transformer blowing up, like I said it was early this a.m.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:52 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Cable is back, nope they didn't replace any transformers, just ran wire under tiger street, but they did look at every transformer while scratching their heads...lol
Maybe the shots fired was when they blocked driveways of people who hadn't had any coffee yet... I know as I drove over my front yard enroute to McD's I was thinkin that a jury would call it justifiable homicide if I had shot the idiot for parking between me and my morning coffee...
Old 05-20-2014, 11:43 AM
MotorMouth

You and your utilities problems. Seems like they never stop. You still have cable America huh? So your planning to trading in the new ride for a Mustang, I'll have to talk with you some time to find out more about that!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Yep, cable down here is faster than landline for Internet, I use directv for TV.
And that Las Vegas Carrol Shelby place can put out a >700 hp bruiser. If I hit the powerball will Gail let you have my Camaro?
Anyway dig-rite did mark the site... I just came back from walking the hunds... Fresh paint on the freshly dug up dirt... Rofl, this place is just too funny...
Life is good, got my coffee, got power, got Internet and
I got Adam Corolla's "President Me" downloaded onto the iPad. I tried reading it while drinking coffee but the continuous flow of coffee through the nose was killin me.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:23 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPA View Post
Yep, cable down here is faster than landline for Internet, I use directv for TV.
And that Las Vegas Carrol Shelby place can put out a >700 hp bruiser. If I hit the powerball will Gail let you have my Camaro?
Anyway dig-rite did mark the site... I just came back from walking the hunds... Fresh paint on the freshly dug up dirt... Rofl, this place is just too funny...
Life is good, got my coffee, got power, got Internet and
I got Adam Corolla's "President Me" downloaded onto the iPad. I tried reading it while drinking coffee but the continuous flow of coffee through the nose was killin me.
I'm sure Gail would try and take the Camaro if you let me have it!

I love Adam Corolla. He just cracks me up man.