Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Religion Opinion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:55 AM
PaulaRandolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Am Still Looking For A Home Church

I just thought I would put on here that I am still looking for a home church. I have tried out several in the area, but have not been satisfied with any of them. If anyone has a suggestion, I am open. Just let me know what kind of church it is, and what the basic values are in the church.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:07 PM
timber timber is offline
Insider
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 195
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

I go to Grace Covenant. It is non-denominational. The Praise and Worship conducted by Mark Rowden is GREAT! I stay in the back so that I can sing along and when someone turns around at my singing, I just smile....I could use a lesson or two. lol The teaching is also good. Pastor Judi and Pastor Howard,whom is in Afghanistan right now, do a wonderful job. Mark teaches also and he always leaves me with thoughts of how I could become a better Christian when he teaches. I have a lot of faults and it is with this church that I feel like I can become better with my walk with God. I realize Grace is not a church for all, but if you have not tried it, Please feel welcomed to attend. I know that everyone needs to find a home church.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:27 PM
PaulaRandolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

I visited there once, and found myself assailed with political jargon, so got up and left. I am a Democrat (gasp!).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Diesel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaRandolph
I am a Democrat (gasp!).
But we don't hold that against her. ;D
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:08 PM
PaulaRandolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

Lol, now that was funny!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2007, 08:53 PM
river_rat's Avatar
river_rat river_rat is offline
MotorMouth
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Waynesville, Mo.
Posts: 17,967
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaRandolph
I just thought I would put on here that I am still looking for a home church.? I have tried out several in the area, but have not been satisfied with any of them.? If anyone has a suggestion, I am open.? Just let me know what kind of church it is, and what the basic values are in the church.
What are you looking for in a church?
__________________
"There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 PM
PaulaRandolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

1. Follow the Bible, not the world.
2. Not disciminate against women who had children before they were married, my Lord has forgiven me, I don't want someone else to look down their nose at me.
3. Not politically motivated.
4. Friendly, honest, warm, welcoming.

That is about all the things that are important to me.
I was raised Pentecostal, and cannot follow the religion, because I found out for myself that nowhere in the Bible does it say that we have to wear skirts down to our ankles, and nowhere in the Bible does it say you can't cut your hair.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Judy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

Paula, remember the church in Jerome. I don't think Tom and Penney are there any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaRandolph
I just thought I would put on here that I am still looking for a home church.? I have tried out several in the area, but have not been satisfied with any of them.? If anyone has a suggestion, I am open.? Just let me know what kind of church it is, and what the basic values are in the church.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Lone Ranger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber
I go to Grace Covenant. It is non-denominational. The Praise and Worship conducted by Mark Rowden is GREAT! I stay in the back so that I can sing along and when someone turns around at my singing, I just smile....I could use a lesson or two. lol The teaching is also good. Pastor Judi and Pastor Howard,whom is in Afghanistan right now, do a wonderful job. Mark teaches also and he always leaves me with thoughts of how I could become a better Christian when he teaches. I have a lot of faults and it is with this church that I feel like I can become better with my walk with God. I realize Grace is not a church for all, but if? you have not tried it, Please feel welcomed to attend. I know that everyone needs to find a home church.
I must remember to stay away from Grace Covenant Church.
I sure don't need another woman preaching at me. ;D
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 PM
mildandmellow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Am Still Looking For A Home Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger

I must remember to stay away from Grace Covenant Church.
I sure don't? need another woman preaching at me. ;D
hmmm...are you sure about that?
Honestly though, I heard that chuch took quite a stand against local pornography and strip joints not long ago. I have thought about going out there myself just for that one reason.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Cat - GONE TO GOOD HOME Adrienne Pets & Animals 4 02-09-2007 09:38 PM
Sweet puppydog needs a good home Shanny Pets & Animals 1 01-12-2007 02:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2013 - Pulaski County Insider, LLC