Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Religion Opinion

Old 01-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Diesel

Default Bible Question

I have been trying over the last few months to read the Bible through, with limited success.? I was curious how many had read the Complete Bible and how (i.e.- cover to cover, skipped around, followed a guide).
Old 01-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Diesel

Default Re: Bible Question

Also, what translation did/do you use?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:01 PM
PaulaRandolph

King James Version, and I started at the beginning, and read through to Revelations. I must admit, though that I skipped alot of the begats. Those begin to get to you after a while.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:05 PM
MotorMouth

I really like KJV, because it's those verses I committed to memory as a child. That said, I wore out one or two more contemporary translations like Good News & the Living Bible, when I was first getting started. Now I'm back with KJV, and my better half uses NIV, so we get the poetry and a little better understanding too.

I've never read it straight through, but I expect I've hit every line by now; especially the Psalms & NT.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:08 PM
PaulaRandolph

What's funny is that I actually did a book report on the Bible in High School. Now that was fun. Sure wasn't the book anyone else who was "cool" would have chosen, but when I told them about Song of Solomon, alot started to read it!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
PaulaRandolph

I know I am not a preacher, or anything, but if you have any questions, I would be happy to try to help.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:17 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I have been trying over the last few months to read the Bible through, with limited success.? I was curious how many had read the Complete Bible and how (i.e.- cover to cover, skipped around, followed a guide).
Cashbox says:
I've read it through a couple of times and I love the amplified vesion. The last time I read it through I used a method that gave you some old and some new testament chapters each day that kind of flowed together. Not all of course but it was much easier to understand. I wish I could remember all I've read.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:19 PM
PaulaRandolph

I didn't know we were supposed to remember it all? Just Kidding! I don't know anyone who can remember it all.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Overachiever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaRandolph
I didn't know we were supposed to remember it all? Just Kidding! I don't know anyone who can remember it all.
I know several people that are walking Bible's (so to speak). I just stand there with my mouth open in amazement.
I have a hard time keeping up with what I did yesterday much less what I've been reading. One thing that has worked for me anyway is continuous study and reading. I just wish I could (always) apply what I know is the truth.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Queen A

I have the perfect bible for you Dave. In fact it's the one that we format in different languages!! :-) It's called the full life Study bible. It actually has a break down for reading the bible in a year and the notes to fully understand all of the context involved. I can bring one to you tomorrow at the meeting if you'd like.