Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Classifieds > Free Business Advertisement

Free Business Advertisement Have a new business and want to spread the word? Post it here

Old 03-11-2008, 02:37 PM
BexInTheCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
People are blurring the distinction here, and it confuses me too. Like the Daily Guide readers' comments to published articles is being referred to as a blog. Is it really? Seems to me it's simply opinions & comments from various & sundry readers - not what I would call a journal or a log. Bex's explanation squares with what I have thought a blog is, but since I rarely read anything that I consider a blog (well - now I'm reading the Pioneer Woman, I guess - aren't I?! lol!), I really have no idea what can be done with them. Websites such as this one are message boards or bulletin boards, as I understand it, and don't qualify as blogs either, do they?
don't you just love pioneer woman!!! did you see that salad the other day? *drool*

RR... people do throw the word "blog" around loosely. I agree with Shanny that a comment on an article is not a blog. It is simply a comment.
but to answer you further, "blog" can be used in both noun and verb forms. Like I might call my mom and ask her if she's gone to my blog today. and if she says "no, why?" I'd say, "because I blogged."
clear as mud?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexInTheCity View Post
don't you just love pioneer woman!!! did you see that salad the other day? *drool*

RR... people do throw the word "blog" around loosely. I agree with Shanny that a comment on an article is not a blog. It is simply a comment.
but to answer you further, "blog" can be used in both noun and verb forms. Like I might call my mom and ask her if she's gone to my blog today. and if she says "no, why?" I'd say, "because I blogged."
clear as mud?
Let's just say that now I understand why it's been so hard for me to understand. Understand?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
MotorMouth

Nothing like covering all the bases . . . "A journal on the web, which may be pubic or private, individual or collaborative" . . .

And I think everybody oughta take a gander at that salad . . . it's gorgeous! Pioneer Woman's Asian Noodle Salad. This sorta reminds me of an oriental salad which Applebee's offers & I've gotten pretty fond of it the last coupla years. Hardly compares to the Pioneer Woman though!

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Let's just say that now I understand why it's been so hard for me to understand. Understand?
I think we finally have him turning in circles now, doncha think, Bex?

Last edited by Shanny; 03-11-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
BexInTheCity

I know which one you are talking about. that salad at Applebee's is my moms favorite. in fact, she called me the other day JUST to tell me that she was going to take my youngest sister there because they were craving that salad. haha.
while at the grocery store today i ALMOST bought fresh ginger so I could make the pioneer woman's. decided that'll be for next time though.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
BexInTheCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
when the fly graduated, we all wanted something besides the same old posed "senior pictures", so we finally found a photog who would meet us at the city park in Waynesville, and take some shots with personality .... our favorite included the old IH Scout.
I don't know if you'll remember this...
but, my senior year when I drove that old red Mitsubishi Montero, I was hanging out at the shop with Mel one night and you cut my name out of red and white vinyl and put it on the back window of my little SUV. do you remember that?
When I had my senior pictures taken he wanted me to stand at the back of my car with my elbow propped on my spare tire so you could see my name on my car. It was probably one of my favorites that he took.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:24 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexInTheCity View Post
I don't know if you'll remember this...
but, my senior year when I drove that old red Mitsubishi Montero, I was hanging out at the shop with Mel one night and you cut my name out of red and white vinyl and put it on the back window of my little SUV. do you remember that?
When I had my senior pictures taken he wanted me to stand at the back of my car with my elbow propped on my spare tire so you could see my name on my car. It was probably one of my favorites that he took.
That's cool ... I'm glad it meant something to you. I always felt obligated (read: blessed) to do some of those little lettering projects for the kids' friends .... there oughta be something good about having a sign painter for a Dad. Mel won't hardly drive a different or new car until it's personalized! LOL
(But then, she comes by it honest .... I guess when they put me in the ground, my casket'll hafta be pinstriped, have cab lights or something so's they know it's me! Hahahaha!!!)
--------
(And I'll bet that name's still on file in my computer!)

Last edited by river_rat; 03-11-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Muddy Member

congratulations on your 1800th post Bex
Old 03-14-2008, 02:14 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly View Post
Y'hear that, RR? You better kick it in gear or be overtaken! She's already cleaned house in the arcade!

Gratz, Bex!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Y'hear that, RR? You better kick it in gear or be overtaken! She's already cleaned house in the arcade!

Gratz, Bex!!!
I can still coast for a little while .... I think she's just a "sprinter", anyway ....... LOL
Old 03-14-2008, 04:17 PM
BexInTheCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly View Post
thank you thank you.
I left my speech in my cute little purse under my chair.

you actually notice that stuff??