Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Restaurant Opinion

Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Default Dr Phil's

Recently visited this restaurant with wife, mother-in-law and new step father-in-law. Catfish was pretty good, but most sides needed some work. The owner is just the most friendly customer friendly guy I've ever met (ha ha). I will go back for the fish, but other than that, it could have been better.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
MotorMouth

Where is this at?

I found it.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/rph/210/16...s-photo?page=1

They have frog legs!!

Last edited by marge; 04-10-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Recently visited this restaurant with wife, mother-in-law and new step father-in-law. Catfish was pretty good, but most sides needed some work. The owner is just the most friendly customer friendly guy I've ever met (ha ha). I will go back for the fish, but other than that, it could have been better.
Are you being sarcastic? LOL
I've never been there, and probably never will .... he came in our shop one day before he opened the store down on the Roubidoux, and wanted a bid on all his signs. Bidding a sign job isn't like bidding a room full of carpet, where you multiply WxLxPrice/sq.ft. By the time we're done with a bid, the sign is designed, the potential problems are all thought through, calculations are all done, and the job (IF you get it) is 3/4 finished. All that to say, that's what this bird was asking us to do - but a competitor was in the shop that day visiting ..... after "Dr. Phil" left, our friend said, "don't put a lot of time in that, because [another competitor] just down the road already has the job, some of the work done, and the materials ordered." I never called him on it, and obviously never gave him a bid, and he was good enough to not try it again when he moved to St. Robert. That's good for me, because I had managed to forgive him, and don't need any extra temptation to fall off the wagon. I never had to explain why I wasn't interested in going out on a limb to use a STRONGLY copyrighted name on our work, didn't hafta waste time on the bid, and don't hafta feel obligated to choke down his mediocre meals.
God is good.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Are you being sarcastic? LOL
I've never been there, and probably never will .... he came in our shop one day before he opened the store down on the Roubidoux, and wanted a bid on all his signs. Bidding a sign job isn't like bidding a room full of carpet, where you multiply WxLxPrice/sq.ft. By the time we're done with a bid, the sign is designed, the potential problems are all thought through, calculations are all done, and the job (IF you get it) is 3/4 finished. All that to say, that's what this bird was asking us to do - but a competitor was in the shop that day visiting ..... after "Dr. Phil" left, our friend said, "don't put a lot of time in that, because [another competitor] just down the road already has the job, some of the work done, and the materials ordered." I never called him on it, and obviously never gave him a bid, and he was good enough to not try it again when he moved to St. Robert. That's good for me, because I had managed to forgive him, and don't need any extra temptation to fall off the wagon. I never had to explain why I wasn't interested in going out on a limb to use a STRONGLY copyrighted name on our work, didn't hafta waste time on the bid, and don't hafta feel obligated to choke down his mediocre meals.
God is good.
Ok I won't eat his frog legs.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge View Post
Ok I won't eat his frog legs.
Hahahahaha - don't not eat 'em on my account - they might be the best frog legs in the world! (although I'm of the belief that the best froglegs in the world come out of the Gasconade, or maybe a local pond, if you're lucky) and are fried up the same night .... mmmmm, goooood .....
--------
My point was just that if a person is in business, and has no more integrity than that, his customers need to know to keep an eye on him, AND his product.

Last edited by river_rat; 04-10-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Yes RR, I was being very sarcastic LOL. I'll tell you they need to put someone else at the front of the store, because I've talked with several people and all said the same thing about this guys personality, it's like talking to a brick wall without a smile (ha ha).
Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Yes RR, I was being very sarcastic LOL. I'll tell you they need to put someone else at the front of the store, because I've talked with several people and all said the same thing about this guys personality, it's like talking to a brick wall without a smile (ha ha).
Sounds like the jerk who used to run/own the Cave Restaurant.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:59 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

I hear the Cave was bought out by that guy in Lebenon that has the catfist place and that the food is much better. I want to try and check it out soon. I have heard it's a little expensive, but the food is great. Has anyone on here been there lately?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
I hear the Cave was bought out by that guy in Lebenon that has the catfist place and that the food is much better. I want to try and check it out soon. I have heard it's a little expensive, but the food is great. Has anyone on here been there lately?
Everyone I've talked to who has been there recently spoke well of it .... as opposed to ZERO% of those who had gone before it changed hands. That guy was a card-carrying sociopath.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:57 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
card-carrying sociopath.
Where can I get one of them thar cards?