Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Sports Opinion

Old 08-05-2007, 10:52 AM
MotorMouth

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGirl@Heart View Post
I'm not a big fan of the smaller tracks and I have a house to unpack so I opted to stay home. Now if it had actually been a Nascar or Busch race she was heading off to I would have gone in a heartbeat......

Now as for laying off this will not happen - he just went into the same category as Stewart is in my book.......
Oh my gosh i can't believe your dishing on Tony the Tiger.
The next thing you will tell me your a Jeff Gordon fan
Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 AM
MoGirl@Heart

Dale Jr........Jeff Gordon........those are my absolute favs - after this I like 99% of the drivers unless they are whiny, unsportsmanlike babies like R Gordon and Tony Stewart............I still think Tony is a blowup waiting to happen - he can only hide his anger so much before it will all come to a head and unfortunately I fear this will be on the track and it won't be pretty at all.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:17 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGirl@Heart View Post
Dale Jr........Jeff Gordon........those are my absolute favs - after this I like 99% of the drivers unless they are whiny, unsportsmanlike babies like R Gordon and Tony Stewart............I still think Tony is a blowup waiting to happen - he can only hide his anger so much before it will all come to a head and unfortunately I fear this will be on the track and it won't be pretty at all.
Well are you happy now they just banned Robbie from racing today and fined him big time.
Nascar also was wrong in putting him back to 12th.
the tape showed that he was leading when the yellow came out and the canook spun him out.
The reason nascar punished him was because he didn't listen when they told him to go back to 12th.
even though he was right.
Nascar sucks
Old 08-05-2007, 01:35 PM
ladydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoguest View Post
Well are you happy now they just banned Robbie from racing today and fined him big time.
Nascar also was wrong in putting him back to 12th.
the tape showed that he was leading when the yellow came out and the canook spun him out.
The reason nascar punished him was because he didn't listen when they told him to go back to 12th.
even though he was right.
Nascar sucks
I figured he would have a real punishment - when he ignored the order to go back and ignored the black flag. Right or wrong, (unless it is something illegal), when you "sign on" there are rules that you must follow...be it your job, a contest or in this case sporting event. You certainly may let it be known you think it was not right or fair - but there is a time and a place for that. Disregarding insructions and doing what you want is not acceptable - IMO. If that is allowed for one ........ what do you end up with.... you might as well leave it open for all to do what ever they want. I do remember a race - unfortunately this old brain can not remember what race - where, after protest from the crew chief, NASCAR parked the cars on the track and re-looked at the tapes and did indeed put the car back where he thought he should be.

Sometimes NASCAR makes mistakes, as do referees in football, hockey, baseball, basketball...... Yes, I realize in at least football and hockey, some plays can be reviewed, but not all calls are even subject to review. Sometime you get a bad call, but there are other times you SHOULD have and did not.

I am NOT siding with NASCAR on this - even though I am a great NASCAR fan. To me this became an issue of blantaly disregarding what you have been told to do and I just do not feel that ANY person or entity in authority can allow that.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:52 PM
MotorMouth

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydove View Post
I figured he would have a real punishment - when he ignored the order to go back and ignored the black flag. Right or wrong, (unless it is something illegal), when you "sign on" there are rules that you must follow...be it your job, a contest or in this case sporting event. You certainly may let it be known you think it was not right or fair - but there is a time and a place for that. Disregarding insructions and doing what you want is not acceptable - IMO. If that is allowed for one ........ what do you end up with.... you might as well leave it open for all to do what ever they want. I do remember a race - unfortunately this old brain can not remember what race - where, after protest from the crew chief, NASCAR parked the cars on the track and re-looked at the tapes and did indeed put the car back where he thought he should be.

Sometimes NASCAR makes mistakes, as do referees in football, hockey, baseball, basketball...... Yes, I realize in at least football and hockey, some plays can be reviewed, but not all calls are even subject to review. Sometime you get a bad call, but there are other times you SHOULD have and did not.

I am NOT siding with NASCAR on this - even though I am a great NASCAR fan. To me this became an issue of blantaly disregarding what you have been told to do and I just do not feel that ANY person or entity in authority can allow that.
LD you know Nascar is a dictatorship not a democracy.
They make the rules on the spot to suit them.
But i do agree that he should be punished for not responding to the black flag.
Yes he does dance to a different drummer but you and mogirl just don't like the tune, LOL

Last edited by whoguest; 08-05-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:12 PM
ladydove

Quote:
LD you know Nascar is a dictatorship not a democracy.
They make the rule on the spot to suit them.
But i do agree that he should be punished for not responding to thr black flag.
Yes he does dance to a different drummer but you just and mogirl just don't like the tune, LOL
Hey, who, wait a minute! I do not recall that I said anything about who was right and who was wrong. I purposely did not address that, because my point was disregarding the instruction. I do have to admit Robbie is not one of my favorites, but even had it been Carl, I would have been VERY upset over the original call, but more upset with him for the blatent disregard. (or Jamie, or Jeff Burtom or Bobbie LaBonte, or Clint Boyer - my "list" - lol)

In my den, a few weeks ago, I had a few words to say to Ted Musgrave when he pulled into whoever it was and held him against the wall to let him know he was not happy with him. Having seen Ted race at I44 many times before making it to NASCAR, he is one of my favorite truck racers. I could not fault when he was parked for the next race for his actions - and he did respond to the black flag.

Oh - so Canada gets off the hook, Marcus Ambrose is Austrailian. And, just for the record, both Ambrose and Robbie are are on my list of "I don't care" meaning I neither like nor dislike them. I do think Robbie does not always think things through and reacts too quickly - however, at one point or another, I think all of them have or can or will. For that matter, can't we all.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:25 PM
MotorMouth

Talking

Well The Gods of Nascar gave Carl a drive thru penalty.
Are you happy now.
I called my Buddy Mike Helton and told him to.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:11 PM
MotorMouth

I don't watch very many races however I'm a firm believer that if there are rules in place they should be followed.
This sounds like another over paid person who just doesn't get it, after all this isn't pro wrestling.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
ladydove

Quote:
Well The Gods of Nascar gave Carl a drive thru penalty.
Are you happy now.
I called my Buddy Mike Helton and told him to.

well now, Who - that was not very nice of you to have Carl given a penalty - lol.