Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Opinion > Business Opinion

Old 03-10-2017, 03:33 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Default Space Race

A Tale of two Companies.
Decades ago American sent huge rockets soaring into the skies, shaking the earth and sending heroes into the next frontier, these heroes circled the globe and moon landing and returning with treasures. Shuttles placed huge satellites into orbit and repaired broken ones to productivity.
That was then
Now America [Nasa] relies on Russian rocket engines to send payloads into space..
Blue Origin, a company based in Washington State, has produced and tested new engines capable of launching American payloads into space.. and been denied funds by NASA and Congress, billionaire Bezos funds it himself.
So to recap they have successfully developed a space capable rocket engine and are building a larger version that is denied funds by Congress

Aerojet-Rocketdyne is based in Huntsville Alabama and has been mating Russian rocket engines to its Adrienne rocket sending payloads into space. The American congress demanded that it stop using Russian engines and it started development of its own engine several years ago. It has gotten huge funding from congress already for prototypes that have sizzled, exploded, fumed and almost made it off the pad. The congress is still funneling money into Aerojet..

One must imagine the political clout these financial backers and lobbyists are wielding...

Grrr.
Going where no man has gone before is getting expensive and unproductive.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:33 PM
MotorMouth

If congress is so upset with Russia why do they send our folks up in Russian space ships?
How will we get them down from the space station if Russia says no more U.S. folks in their spaceships.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:19 PM
MotorMouth

Those are questions we all think about Rudy. Why are we not doing more to develop our own technology?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:47 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
If congress is so upset with Russia why do they send our folks up in Russian space ships?
How will we get them down from the space station if Russia says no more U.S. folks in their spaceships.
If the Russians decide to kick 'em out, we'd probably never find 'em anyway.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:38 AM
MotorMouth

I'm hopeful that the POTUS will change that if the Democrats ever all the remainder of his Cabinet to get into their positions. I know it's hard to deal with these morons on the left that can only fight him at every turn. It's funny, because I've noticed all types of jobs being brought back or not moved since he took over in Jan. Most of that is because he's talking to folks and trying to make deals, far more then Obama ever attempted to do while he was in office.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:28 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I'm hopeful that the POTUS will change that if the Democrats ever all the remainder of his Cabinet to get into their positions. I know it's hard to deal with these morons on the left that can only fight him at every turn. It's funny, because I've noticed all types of jobs being brought back or not moved since he took over in Jan. Most of that is because he's talking to folks and trying to make deals, far more then Obama ever attempted to do while he was in office.
Well, he took a job, now he's working at that job. Nearly non-stop. They call that "work ethic". Lots in our country think anyone who does that sets themselves up for derision.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:30 AM
MotorMouth

If he gets rid of the people who are doing the leaks he will get more done for the country as he won't have to fight the media and can spend that time on solving problems the former administration left.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 AM
MotorMouth

Yeah, I know what you're saying Rudy, but it can't all be blamed on Obama. Bush and others never saw a spending bill they didn't like. We MUST stop all the spending on everything and start focusing on paying off that 20 Trillion debt or we are through. It was built up in just a few years, however, it doubled during Obama's years in office, but must be paid off soon. We also need to focus on America and the heck with the rest of the world for a little while. Trump is so spot on when it comes to NATO and everyone in NATO must pay their fair share. He is going to push them to pay back payments as well. I'm happy about that, because we have pulled that load for way too long.