Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Family Central > Home & Garden

Old 03-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Queen A
Threadstarter  

Default so when do I start planting stuff?

I am going to attempt to have a garden again this year. Last year was a complete failure. Except my tomatoes. They were great.

I have no idea what to do though.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 AM
BexInTheCity

which is probably why your garden failed last year. LOL.

On the bright side though... noone can fault you for your weight if your garden's not producing food. Bahahahaha. I crack myself up.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:22 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexInTheCity View Post
which is probably why your garden failed last year. LOL.

On the bright side though... noone can fault you for your weight if your garden's not producing food. Bahahahaha. I crack myself up.
HUH?? There's probably a "train of thought" here, but I think I musta got off on a siding somewhere .... (??)
Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 AM
BexInTheCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
HUH?? There's probably a "train of thought" here, but I think I musta got off on a siding somewhere .... (??)
referencing the handicap spot thread.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:30 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexInTheCity View Post
referencing the handicap spot thread.
Hahahahaha ... oookayyyy...
Old 03-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Queen A
Threadstarter  

My biggest problem was that I didn't know what was weeds and what wasn't so when stuff started to grow I was afraid to pluck it out and then after a while I had 4 feet tall weeds LMBO!!!

My corn grew didn't produce any corn, it only grew about 5 feet tall.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Muddy Member

Usually its best to start planting after the last freeze. so by may you should definitely be safe, april is probably safe, and late march is pushing it, but ya might get lucky.

Remember "The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."
Old 03-23-2009, 10:02 AM
MotorMouth

I would't plant anything just yet. Ky3 is calling for a little snow (try to stay calm McFly) this week.

storms will likely move through the Ozarks during the morning and early part of tomorrow afternoon. We get a break in the action through the first part of Thursday. Another strong system will affect the region on Friday. There is the possibility that some light snow could at least mix into the rain as it ends on Saturday with very cold air aloft. Surface temperatures will ultimately determine this if the currently projected track holds true.

Brandon Beck
KY3 Stormteam
Meteorologist
bbeck@ky3.com
Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 AM
BexInTheCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge View Post
I would't plant anything just yet. Ky3 is calling for a little snow (try to stay calm McFly) this week.

storms will likely move through the Ozarks during the morning and early part of tomorrow afternoon. We get a break in the action through the first part of Thursday. Another strong system will affect the region on Friday. There is the possibility that some light snow could at least mix into the rain as it ends on Saturday with very cold air aloft. Surface temperatures will ultimately determine this if the currently projected track holds true.

Brandon Beck
KY3 Stormteam
Meteorologist
bbeck@ky3.com
It better stay away from Columbia!! We're on Spring break here!!!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 AM
MotorMouth

Just a note on the corn - be sure to plant it in a plot, not one or two long rows. Pollination can be problematic with corn (which may be why yours didn't produce ears), so the plants need to be bunched up together to improve the odds.

And if you can't recognize which plants are weeds, you could try mulching, which would keep the weeds down.