Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Family Central > Recipes & Home Cookin'

Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
MotorMouth

Haha, but I betcha' Rita didn't cook it, tho she could for sure. Next time get the Black Forest with jalapenos, can't be beat, and I can get three meals out of mine.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Whoa ... deer steaks - asparagus - chocolate sheet cake .... I been sick too ....
LOL Are ya feeling better now?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsie View Post
Haha, but I betcha' Rita didn't cook it, tho she could for sure. Next time get the Black Forest with jalapenos, can't be beat, and I can get three meals out of mine.
Nunh-hunh ... not as long as they have the St. Moritz!! LOL
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by marge View Post
LOL Are ya feeling better now?
Welllll, I dunno ... I ain't plumb up ta snuff yet, mebbe ....

Last edited by river_rat; 02-27-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 PM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Nunh-hunh ... not as long as they have the St. Moritz!! LOL
--------
Welllll, I dunno ... I ain't plumb up ta snuff yet, mebbe ....
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 PM
BexInTheCity

I tried sushi for the first time tonight and would actually go back!! A night out with the girls without kids actually does wonders for a girl's soul!!! LOL
Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 AM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Great! I'm glad you liked the sushi . . . I just LOVE it! Wish it weren't so pricey . . . Even making it at home is pricey!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 09:09 AM
MotorMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexInTheCity View Post
I tried sushi for the first time tonight and would actually go back!! A night out with the girls without kids actually does wonders for a girl's soul!!! LOL
Yuck on the sushi, but I agree 110% on the night out with the girls without kids!!!! Ya need it. Just remember that the guys need time with the guys too!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:06 PM
BexInTheCity

the sushi I had didn't have raw fish in it. It was called a "big ol' roll" and was crab, cream cheese and cucumber wrapped in the rice and tempura fried.... dip in soy sauce before eating.... oh my goodness I want to go back right now.

Ok... how's this for crazy though...

The girl I went with... I've only known her for two weeks. She started attending a ladies bible study that I go to on thursday nights. Last thursday when I walked in she asked me how I was doing and I said "I'm not going to lie... it's been a horrible week" (and that was putting it mildly!!!!!!) She said that she'd had a horrible week as well and asked me if I'd want to go out the next night with her (Friday... last night) for sushi. She said that she has a 16 year old daughter that she was pretty sure could babysit my kids. I desperately needed some girl time out of the house... so I took her up on it. So she calls me yesterday morning to let me know that her daughter can watch the kids and we've got a date!!! She then goes on to tell me that she will pay her daughter so I don't have to worry about it, and also, supper is going to be on her. My week was so bad... I didn't even argue! Ha! So I took the kids over to her house where her daughter and three of her girlfriends were all there to watch my kids. We get in her truck and she drives to starbucks and also treats me to a peppermint mocha. Anyway... we are sitting there drinking our coffees and getting to know each other better. We had SOOO much in common that she starts joking about being separated by birth... except that she's older than me. she's been married for 21 years to the same man... who used to be in the Air Force. Another thing we had in common to talk about. I was asking her if she'd ever been to the air force base that butts up to Ft. Bragg in north Carolina but I couldn't remember the name of it and I said "I know it's not McChord Air Force Base... that's in Washington State." and she goes "I've lived at McChord" now... McChord Air Force Base butts up to Ft. Lewis... the army base in Tacoma Washington. I lived there for six years while my dad was stationed there. actually.... we moved to Ft. Leonard Wood from Ft. Lewis when I was in middle school. So anyway... I told her that I'd been at Ft. Lewis. So she said "how weird would that be if we were there at the same time?" and asked me what years I was there. Turns out... she was there the same years.

then she says... "yeah, Danielle (her daughter that was at home babysitting my kids) was born at Ft. Lewis at Madigan Army Medical Center. So I told her that my dad was an obstetrician at Ft. Lewis....

and when I told her his name....

HE WAS HER DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad delivered her baby!!! and 16 years later, I meet this woman at a bible study in Missouri, have a horrible week, go out for sushi with her, and her daughter... who my dad delivered... babysat my kids!!!!!

we were both freaking out and laughing our butts off. I called my dad right then and there and told him the story.

It truly is a small world afterall!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
MotorMouth

Hahahaha I just got covered in goosebumps reading this. That is amazing!! Sounds as if you have made a good friend too. Hang on to her!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Quizzard

Amazing! And wonderful!

BTW, I think that it is Pope AFB that you were thinking about.