Pulaski County Insider - Forum
Home Dictionary Thesaurus Weather Links
  Yellow Pages Today's Posts Who's Online  

Go Back   Pulaski County Insider - Forum > Classifieds > Jobs & Help Wanted

Old 07-20-2011, 01:04 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Default St. Robert announces bid solicitation for Community Center painting project

The City of St. Robert is soliciting sealed bids for Painting of the Community Center in the City of St. Robert. Sealed bids for Painting of the community Center will be received at the Public Works Department at St. Robert City Hall, 194 Eastlawn Avenue, Suite A, St. Robert, Missouri, until 2:00 p.m. Thursday, August 4th, 2011; and then publicly opened and read aloud. Click here for bid details. Click here to read more on Pulaski County Daily News ...
By City of Saint Robert
--------
I realize this is not a traditional "help wanted" announcement, but I've been posting governmental bid announcements and "help wanted" notices from time to time on the Pulaski County Daily News and the "other board." I think it could help the Pulaski County Insider (as well as some potential contractors) to have those bids posted here as well. If the site administrators would prefer that I not do so, or do it in a different section, let me know.

Last edited by darrellmaurina; 07-20-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 PM
MotorMouth

Heck, no, this is entirely appropriate.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:15 PM
MotorMouth
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Heck, no, this is entirely appropriate.
OK... I'll keep doing it as long as it follows the site owner's rules.

Bid notices like this, as well as legal notices, have to be posted in a printed newspaper of general circulation. That doesn't mean they can't be posted somewhere else, but it does mean that the cities have to pay the Waynesville Daily Guide, the Pulaski County Mirror, and/or the Dixon Pilot to print the notices. Putting the notice in the Fort Leonard Wood Guidon, the Pulaski County Daily News, KJPW/KFBD radio, or the city's website doesn't qualify, so I am running these legal notices and bid announcements for free as a community service.

We all know that legal notices buried in the classified sections of newspapers do not get many readers, whereas posting them on the internet can generate widespread readership. I think posting items like this is helpful to you, to me, and most important, to our readers who may be looking for a job and/or a bidding opportunity.

My reason for asking is that it has been my understanding is that columns by our elected and appointed officials cannot be run here unless the person posts the column himself (as Sheriff King does), and the same applies to National Guard articles or other similar items that don't carry my byline.

The Pulaski County Insider is a privately owned operation. Following the rules set by the owner is important, so that's why I asked.

Last edited by darrellmaurina; 07-20-2011 at 04:18 PM.