Pulaski County Insider - Forum

Pulaski County Insider - Forum (http://www.pulaskicountyinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   PulaskiCountyInsider Feedback (http://www.pulaskicountyinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Screen name (http://www.pulaskicountyinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820)

Adrienne 03-29-2007 10:38 PM

Screen name

Where can we change our screen names at? I looked all over user CP and can't find it.

SnakeEyes 03-30-2007 09:18 AM

are you wanting to change your screen name or custom user title?

your screen name can only be changed by an admin. it is your unique name when you register.

custom user titles are user defined phrases that appear below your username.

mildandmellow 03-30-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeEyes (Post 5762)
are you wanting to change your screen name or custom user title?

your screen name can only be changed by an admin. it is your unique name when you register.

custom user titles are user defined phrases that appear below your username.

SnakeEyes,
Does the admin. have to have to your permission to change your name, or can they just do it because they want to?

Adrienne 03-30-2007 09:53 AM

No, before we could change the "Adrienne" to appear as something else from time to time. Adrienne would still be the username to sign in but we could change it to something else if we wanted to just for the appearance in the forum.

bruuuuce 03-30-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mildandmellow (Post 5764)
SnakeEyes,
Does the admin. have to have to your permission to change your name, or can they just do it because they want to?

When Snakeeyes talks about administrators he means himself. He and I are the only two administrators here. Really he is the only real administrator I am just here to give da grammar police something to do :D and tinker with the forums, I generally don't get involved in much unless he tells me to do something.

Sorry, I really didn't answer your question 8-} but hopefully that cleared up who he was meaning by administrators.

mildandmellow 03-30-2007 12:17 PM

Bruuuuce, Thanks for explaining that. And you are doing a good job with the forums too.

river_rat 03-30-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienne (Post 5766)
No, before we could change the "Adrienne" to appear as something else from time to time. Adrienne would still be the username to sign in but we could change it to something else if we wanted to just for the appearance in the forum.

As an example, think back to when Rick would change "Berrier" to a string of asterisks whenever it was typed in on the other forum.

Shanny 03-30-2007 06:47 PM

Yeah, that changing name thing may have been

an xsorbit gimmick . . . but it got Adrienne through several identity crises . . . :)):)) I think one night I saw something to the effect of "Who am I?" . . . right, A?

Adrienne 03-30-2007 09:28 PM

Wow you have a sharp memory there lady!!!!

mildandmellow 03-31-2007 10:39 AM

RR, your comment made me think back to when rick changed my name from 'mild and mellow' to 'mild and now history' and I am still here!